The essence of who we are stems from the feminist approach. This is to say, we believe that domestic violence is a social problem, not an individual one, which has its source in historically unbalanced relationships between men and women. There is a strategic control by the man over the woman.
In order to support women to regain their power, while maintaining equal relationships with them, our interventions are based upon the following principles:
- That women and children are not responsible for the violence suffered;
- That women have the right to autonomy, respect and freedom;
- That women have the potential and skills to make decisions that are in their own best interest;
- That women regain power over their lives through solidarity between women, equal relationships and the defense of their rights;
- That individual change is integral for social change.
The results are respect, honesty, skills and know-how, as well as demonstrating a sincere interest in women. We consider that our mission is to support women and children to find their own solutions and to regain power over their lives. We are working to reduce womens’ feelings of guilt, while raising their awareness of freedom of choice.